Truck Accident on I4
Samaroo Law is a trusted attorney firm that has dealt with hundreds of Truck Accident cases on the I-4 over the years. We have been helping victims of Truck Accidents on this dangerous interstate stretch for years and claim their rightful compensation and avoid being penalized unnecessarily.
The United States has over 70 Interstate highways and studies on the most dangerous ones were based on fatalities per mile. The online marketplace for an auto insurance EverQuote reports I-4 topping the list of the 25 most dangerous Interstate highways. I-4 that connects Tampa from I-275 and Daytona Beach with I-95 reports 1.41 fatalities per mile over the last few years.
Despite all state laws being in place, the rate continues to see an upward trend resulting in more people sustaining serious injuries resulting in loss of income and deterioration of personal relationships and lowered quality of life.
Given the frequency of crashes and the fatalities involved the intricate Florida accident laws, it is important for you to get in touch with attorneys that have expertise in this area. We adopt a proactive approach where our attorneys investigate, discern and act upon facts and evidences to substantiate your case.
Florida Law about commercial motor vehicles & insurance
There’s a big difference between a truck accident and accidents involving smaller vehicles as these are large-sized and also weigh much more. Crashes involving two such vehicles or one of them colliding with a smaller one has severe consequences.
- Truck and all trucking companies are required to carry a mandatory liability insurance like all other traditional motor-vehicles.
- Given that most trucks operate for commercial purposes, they are required to carry the Florida commercial auto insurance.
- The rules and regulations of this insurance is substantially different from those of traditional auto insurances as also the claim process.
- The minimum liability insurance for commercial vehicles differ according to their weight and can range anywhere between $50,000 – $750,000.
- In most cases, commercial truck companies carry much higher insurance policies than that stipulated by the state.
- In case of a truck carrying hazardous material, the trucking company is bound to carry a minimum of $5,000,000 as personal injury liability and property insurance.
- In short, the heavier the truck and more hazardous the materials they carry, the higher is the insurance that they carry.
How to claim truck insurance in Florida
Making a claim in case of a truck accident can be tricky and leave you high and dry if you don’t take the help of a professional. At Samaroo Law, we know the nitty-gritty of truck crash claim where we cover all aspect to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
- We gather all documents such as photographs, police reports, and eye witness statements if any to make the process foolproof before filing a claim on your behalf with your insurance company.
- The claims we place include initiating liability determination and take advantage of the “no-fault” law benefits.
- The next step we carry out is to file a claim with the liable insurance or the truck owner’s insurance.
- Depending on your case, we take the help of medical specialists to determine if any of the injuries sustained comes under the “permanent” category for them to be compensated by your liability carrier.
- A lot of cases are best settled out of court that help you save on a host of expenses while getting the compensation amount faster. We weight all such possibilities and discuss the case with you detailing the pros and cons of both possibilities before we proceed with it.
- In case, the insurance company does not settle a claim, we file a case on your behalf for Personal Injuries with all supporting documentation.
What determines Personal Injury claims
Personal Injury claims in Florida are similar to those in the rest of the country. In case of serious injuries, the commercial motor vehicle insurance companies offer a settlement amount within the insurance limits. But there are a lot of cases when the seriousness of the injury are not clear immediately.
It is important not to fall into the settlement trap without understanding the consequences of your injuries on your future income and life enjoyment abilities. A settlement once accepted is difficult to be challenged in court later on and you may end up only with a very small amount that is just not sufficient to cover future medical and other related expenses.
Most insurance companies challenge the victims when the injuries are not clear immediately based on the medical “threshold” as Florida law concerning Personal Injury.
The four categories of injuries meeting the “threshold” standard for seeking compensation are:
- A significant and permanent loss of a vital bodily function
- A permanent injury that is within a reasonable degree of medical probabilities
- Any significant and/or permanent disfigurement and scarring
How we can help
Our lawyers are deft in handling truck crash cases working from scratch investigating its cause with proper documentation. A lot of crashes occur because of the other driver’s negligence. We can help you hold them responsible for the injuries you or your loved one have sustained.
As per Florida Laws, we can help you obtain rightful compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of companionship
- Reduced ability to work in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
We can help you obtain the compensation from the involved parties, truck companies and of course the insurance companies. At Samaroo Law, we understand the physical pain and emotional trauma of having to go through a massive incident such as a truck accident and work closely with you as the victim or the family of the victim. Our lawyers take care of the case as unique and help you make decisions carefully and in your best interest.
Once you are up against a devastating truck accident, get in touch with us immediately to claim compensation or avoid being penalized by the other party.
Call Samaroo Law at (407) 250-1200